This document contains information of how Tmi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi collects, handles and stores the customer’s personal data.
When a customer contacts Tmi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi in order to book a service, personal information is required. Tmi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi complies with the General Data Processing Regulation and is aware of the customer’s right of access to the collected personal information and the right to have it inspected, amended or erased.
How customer data is collected
- Directly from the customer during the booking process
- From the person who makes the booking on behalf of the customer, e.g. a family member or a traveling partner
- From a travel agency, a tour operator, another person, a company or an association who makes the booking on behalf of the customer
Customer data is collected for the following purposes
- Processing the customer’s reservation for guided experiences
- Communications with the customer in regard to the booking, invoicing and payments
- Marketing, sales and delivery of the services of Tmi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi
What kind of customer data is needed
- Customer’s first and family name, date of birth, nationality, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number
- If the customer books the optional service of clothing rental, also personal size information (height, weight, shoe size) is needed
- Customer’s method of payment
- Customer feedback and reclamations
- Customer consent to direct marketing
The methods of collecting customer data are
- During a personal meeting
- During the booking process in the company’s web shop
- E-mail or Facebook-message
- Telephone call
Who receives and handles the data shared with Tmi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi
- The owners and the employees of Tmi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi have access to the customer data
- Customer data can be forwarded to Finnish authorities if they have a legal basis for requesting such information
- Customer data can be forwarded to partner companies for the delivery of services the customer has requested
- Customer data can be forwarded to companies which process payment transactions
Tmi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi does not rent or sell customer information to third parties. The companies who provide the social media platforms used by Tmi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi (Facebook, Instagram) and who provide the webshop platform (Aptual Commerce Oy / Johku) have their own privacy policies which the customer is encouraged to read.
Storage of collected information
Customer information is kept in the database maximum three years from the date the service is rendered. Additionally customer information may appear in bookkeeping records for as long as legally required.
Toiminimi Martti Niskanen / Destination Kilpisjärvi
Attn. Mrs. Sinikka Niskanen
Pulmusentie 4 B 3
FI-99490 Kilpisjärvi, Finland